What is Botox?
Botox is a sterile solution that is injected in small amounts to treat furrows and lines caused by the muscles of expression. Botox is one of eight different toxins produced by the bacterium, Clostridium botulinum, which is highly purified and synthetically produced. Botox is the registered name of botulinum made by Allergan, Inc. Be assured that we use only the Allergan approved products.
How is Botox Used?
Botox is used to cause specific, temporary weakness of the muscles treated. Botox has been used successfully for the following:
- “Bunny lines”, the horizontal lines on the sides of the upper nose
- “Crows feet”, the lines along the lateral edges of the eyes
- Facial spasms
- Frown or squint lines (the deep vertical lines between the eyebrows)
- Horizontal forehead wrinkles (caused by the muscles used to lift the eyebrows)
- Migraine headaches
- To elevate corners of mouth 2-3 millimeters to give a more upturned appearance to the corners of the mouth
- To raise the lateral or medial eyebrows 2-3 millimeters
- To treat excessive sweating in the armpits
- Treatment to give the eyes a more wide open appearance by injecting small amounts in the folds under the eyes
- Treatment of “gummy smile” with too much teeth showing
- Unwanted dimpling on chin
How Much Does Botox Cost?
It depends on how many areas are treated and how strong your muscles are. Call for details!
How Long Does It Take To Get An Appointment?
In general, we can schedule an appointment for Botox within a day or two. Just let our receptionists know when you would like to be seen and we will do our best to meet your needs.
For more information about products and available rebates: